Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Mirror World

     Have you ever noticed that the world you see in the mirror looks more appealing? Maybe it's just me, but when I was little I would lay on the ground and stare at the reflection of the room in the ceiling fan. It sparked my imagination, and I loved to make it come to life. I would imagine all sorts of things, and wish I could go through to the other side. When I read "Into the Looking Glass", I felt like they had it wrong. Things in the mirror are not skewed and wrong, they are beautiful. Seeing things in a mirror makes you take a new perspective and see with fresh eyes.
     I really want this blog to be a fun place for people to visit. I know that there are blogs out there that are too standoffish, and don't feel personal, or blogs that get a little too personal, and both of these are bad things. I think I may be erring on the side of standoffish. I want this to be an interesting blog that has some depth to it. I want it to be about beauty, life, love, and everything that is good in my life. Not that my life is perfect, but I like to look at the good side of things. Whenever I catch myself starting to get overwhelmed or depressed, I remember to look at the big picture; it is good to put things in perspective.
     Spring Breakg was this last week for my school. My sister and I, with a friend of ours, were able to go home. There is nothing like being home for a week, without homework or responsibility. Of course, home is not always like this, but a small break like this is an excuse for laziness. 



     There is nothing like good, homecooked food. This meal was so pretty that I had to take pictures of it. My Mom made salmon (which my Dad kindly de-skinned for her), a quick bread, and I made the spinach salad. Afterwards we ate lovely little lime cheesecakes which Rachael made. I forgot to take a picture, we just started eating them!
     I'm back at school now, but I can still remember my beautiful home, and appreciate my second home as well; and I can still let the beauty of God's creation seep into my soul, just like I did with the reflection in the ceiling fan. The second half of this semester is going to be even better than the first.
Lots of love to all of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment