Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I'm a Wanderer, Oh, a Wanderer


     Can you believe it? I sure can't. School is starting again. I have spent the last two days packing up my life yet again, and the space that my life takes is quite shocking. Rachael is moving into an apartment this year with two other girls, and is therefore taking a couch and her twin bed. I, on the other hand, am bringing no furniture. For one thing, there isn't any room; for another, I have furniture waiting in a garage for me there; and for another, I now have a roommate who is going to bring a chair. I am bringing some couch cushions (pretty ones at that) for floor lounging; and I am taking my sewing machine. I learned that lesson the hard way, as some of you will remember. It'll be a tight squeeze to get everything in, but then again, when isn't it?
     I have been trying to figure out what to say. The summer has been fast and slow, lazy and busy, overwhelming and easy-going. I don't know how to describe what it has been. I worked at a pizza place all summer, and my hours were always 4:30 to about 8:00 or 9:00. It is interesting how those hours leave so much time, but also manage to limit one so much. Now, I am not complaining; you see, I loved that job. It was a good job, with good people to work with. I find that I can enjoy most things in life if I like the people I am surrounded by. In July, we had visitors, a lot of them; that was also the month that I didn't appreciate my job as much. Many outings were cut short because of my hours, and precious time was not spent with those who live across the map from me.


     It seems that the last moments are the most precious moments. The closer that I come to leaving home, the more I love it. My family, my church, and my workplace are going to be missed; it always seems that friendships, old and new, blossom at the very moment they must be left. However, life must move forward, and in all reality, I am excited to begin a new year. Adventure is in my blood, and I detest stagnation. So, though it is hard to part, adventure is calling. To those I am leaving behind, know that I love you. So, here's to home, and here's to adventure.


Lots of love to all of you

No comments:

Post a Comment