Friday, October 10, 2014

A Splash of Red

      Dark, dreary days call for a pop of color, especially red. There is nothing better than a chilly Fall day in a bright red trench coat.


      I have watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's" several times this semester already, as well as "My Fair Lady". Audrey Hepburn is simply the epitome of elegance. She always inspires me with her simple style that turned heads wherever she went. This day, I decided to wear a simple shirt-dress (which I found at JCPenny's) tied with a black sash, as well as nude heels, a string of pearls, and the red trench coat. I am not a fan of fussy clothing. The clothes that make me happiest are always the tailored, simple pieces without too many frills. I  never want my clothes to wear me, and I have admittedly messed up in this regard on a few occasions. I think that everyone has worn an outfit that turns out to be just too much and regretted it; but style is all about taking chances and discovering what works for you. I love looking to the style icons of the past and trying to decipher what it was that made them special. I don't want to copy anybody, but I do want to be inspired. As you may remember, I had a Marilyn Monroe Summer, and I have learned a lot from reading about her life and studying her style. I think I'll make this an Audrey Hepburn Semester; who knows what the Spring will bring!



     Rehearsal's are becoming intense now. We'll be performing "Pygmalion" the second and third week of November, which is coming very quickly now. I am trying to get my lines memorized, but mostly I am still trying to find Mrs. Higgins' character. Anyway, I know that all will turn out well. Life is rather busy, but it is turning out to be such a wonderful semester! Of course it has its ups and downs, but overall I know that I will fondly remember it. Last Fall I was just trying to get my bearings, but now I know that I belong. I have a wonderful family of friends here, and though it will never replace home, I am so glad to have this college experience. 




     I want to focus on taking the good with the bad, and never neglect what is important. College is a juggling act, and I hope I never drop anything precious. 

Lots of love!

2 comments: